Reference Code: SD007
Number of positions: 2
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands and Bangalore, India
What will you be doing?
At SustAnalyze we help brands manufacturing consumer products and chemical companies launch new, safer and sustainable products faster with our manufacturing R&D simulation platform. As a computational scientist ,you will play a key role in further development of the simulation platform and delivery to customers who are manufacturing companies in a variety of domains. You will succeed in this role if you are a motivated individual who is driven by challenges and can bridge the gap between business requirements, mathematics and software development to deliver results together with the whole team.
- Developing algorithms and deploying solutions to complex simulation problems in line with SustAnalyze’s goals
- Bridging the gap between business requirements, mathematics and software development work
- Staying on top of new developments in scientific computing and work to incorporate relevant ones in the SustAnalyze products
- Collaborating with the team to create the best Customer Experiences
- Working together with partners such as SAP
- Engaging in team and personal development opportunities
- MS or PhD in scientific computing, applied mathematics, statistics or a related field
- Track record of algorithm development and programming in languages such as C, Python, R
- Knowledge of computational architectures and data management is a plus
- Background or project work in chemistry or a related field is an added advantage
- Communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for learning and growing at SustAnalyze
- Genuine interest in advanced software products, intellectually curious and ambitious
Traits and Culture:
Passionate, motivated, creative, entrepreneurial and hard-working; Good communication skills. Most important – willing to go that extra mile to get the work done.
What we offer?
- High degree of autonomy to define and implement things your way
- Challenging long-term personal and team objectives
- Opportunity to have a huge business and social impact
- An accelerated personal growth opportunity
- Cross-disciplinary projects and tasks
- A customer-centric company culture with a flat hierarchy and open communication
- Salary and compensation in line with experience and performance
Work Culture – what to expect:
New ways of working and thinking. Your own initiative, ideas & creativity are highly valued. Working in a startup such as SustAnalyze you will inevitably have to deal with multiple challenges that will be outside your domain or comfort zone. That means you will gain a unique hands-on experience in multiple areas of the company. Doing things resulting in both successes and failures are valued. You will rapidly learn, do, fail and repeat leading to phenomenal achievements! In this process, you will be closely supported by the existing team members and the wider community of experts that SustAnalyze has access to. You will need to be very proactive, communicative and team player to achieve goals.
How to apply?
Send an email with your resume and the above reference code in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. To save your email writing time just write 2 short lines in the email on
1) why are you interested in this position and
2) why are you interested in SustAnalyze; and end the email with your name and contact information
SustAnalyze is an equal opportunity organization. Your capabilities, motivation, and alignment with our vision are the only considerations that matter to SustAnalyze.